WELCOME TO KIHD
We firmly believe the training you receive at the institute will lead you to a successful, lucrative career and lifestyle for you and your family. Please click on our courses to learn more:
To set up a personal interview and tour of the school, call Monday thru Friday
(865) 971-1529 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to begin your
enrollment process, today!
KNOXVILLE INSTITUTE OF HAIR DESIGN was established in 1961 by Jack Rogers, under the name of Knoxville Barber College. At that time, instruction concentrated on Barbering, with a training area of 2,200 square feet. As the school prospered, we grew into our current location at 1221 N. Central Street, with 7,500 square feet of training area to better serve and teach our students. Just as the physical size of the facility expanded, our curriculum expanded also to encompass all of our exciting programs.
KNOXVILLE INSTITUTE OF HAIR DESIGN is dedicated to providing students with a high-quality training program geared for individual student success. We follow the changing needs of the beauty field to provide students with current applicable skills, as well as, the instruction needed, as defined by the TN State Boards, for licensing requirements.
It is our obligation as educators to tap into each student's abilities, talents, and strengths, and send well trained, well prepared, and highly motivated graduates out into the salon, and shop world.
We don't want to JUST prepare our students for entry level...we want them to know why they are learning what they are learning, and HOW to apply it to future work. We challenge our students to be successful, not entry-level average, by offering more than just preparing them for the State Board exam...we must, and will prepare them for the Barber and Beauty industry.
- has been training successful students in the Beauty Industry for over 50 years
- is licensed by both the TN State Board of Cosmetology and the TN State Board of Barber Examiners
- offers approximately 7500 square feet of modern training facilities
- is FULLY ACCREDITED by NACCAS
- offers both full-time and part-time day class schedules
- offers new classes starting on the first Tuesday of every month, with limited enrollment for more personal attention
- is conveniently located off of Interstate 275, with easy access
- offers Master Barber & Cosmetology classes that can be completed in as little as 9 1/2 months
- offers Manicuring classes that can be completed in as little as 15 1/2 weeks
- offers Aesthetics classes that can be completed in as little as 5 1/2 months
- offers flexible class scheduling for Cosmetology and Master Barber Instructor
- offers a Federal Pell Grant program (for those who qualify) and flexible payment plans to assist the student with paying for school
- offers Instructors that are dual-licensed, and trained in both Cosmetology and Master Barbering
- offers an active "hands-on" clinic, with a large volume of clientele, for a higher ratio of "live models used to train students
- offers complete job placement assistance for every graduate
- is the only school in East Tennessee to offer both Cosmetology and Master Barber